Connect With Us
Sign up to our email list to receive information on local and national CIC activities, networking events and conferences.
Become a Student Chapter.
Undergraduate: $30.00 plus GST or HST
Graduate: $50.00 plus GST or HST
Postdoctoral/1st year after graduation: $78.50 plus GST or HST
Become a member.
The Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC) provides a wide range of member benefits, and connects and informs members via:
- Access to the Canadian Chemical News (ACCN) and Chemistry World Magazines
- Member Directory: Access chemical professionals
- Tenant and Auto Insurance (save up to $400/year - get your quote by entering "Chemical Institute of Canada" as your group)
- Discounted travel with VIA Rail.
- Disounted rates with Budget Car Rental.
- Access to peers and professionals through Student Chapters, Local Sections and Subject Divisions
- Professional Development Courses and Webinars
- CIC Career Site
- Student Awards and Scholarships
- Member registration rates at CIC Chemistry and Chemical Engineering conferences
- Member registration rates at American Chemical Society (ACS) conferences and courses
- Member rates for The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering (Can. J. Chem. Eng.)
- …and more!
The CIC also supports a number of science initiatives, including:
- Advocacy: the CIC advocates to Federal and Provincial governments on behalf of Canadian scientists and is an active member of the Partnership Group for Science and Engineering (PAGSE) and the Canadian Consortium for Research (CCR).
- Accreditation of Canadian Chemistry Programs
- National Chemistry Week
- National Engineering Month
- Science Rendezvous
- Judging at Youth Science Fairs
- The National Crystal Growing Competition
- The Canadian Chemistry Contest
- The Canadian Chemistry Olympiad
If you have any questions about CIC student membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.