The Process Safety Management (PSM) Division of the CSChE is a national network of more than 300 volunteers. The division connects individuals with a common interest and expertise in PSM to create networking opportunities and to share ideas.
- The CSA Z767-17 standard on Process Safety Management was published on Friday, February 20, 2017. This is a reflection of the dedication of our project team who have spent the last three years diligently working on the standard. The French translation is in progress, and the division should have PSM as a National Standard of Canada by Q4 2017. We have a dedicated team that is organizing the next phase of workshops and information sessions. More details around the release will be available on this webpage, as well as on the CSA Group website.
- Develops and disseminates important publications and tools related to the practice of PSM in Canada
- Promotes awareness, understanding and use of PSM tools
- Influences and encourages a public policy framework that incorporates PSM principles
- Furthers the advancement and development of PSM ideas, theorems, tools, services, and techniques
- Fosters PSM in chemical and related engineering, technical, science and management education, and professional development
- Monitors PSM metrics to identify gaps in PSM knowledge or applications, and facilitates and encourages appropriate corrective action
- Recognizes outstanding career achievements through the Process Safety Management Award