In 2012 the UK-based Society of Chemical Industry’s SCI Canada Section and the CIC’s Economics and Business Management Division merged to become CIC/SCI Canada, the business Forum of the CIC.
The new Forum expands on SCI’s “where science meets business” mandate by enhancing connections between industry, chemical scientists and engineering professionals. The Forum is also an opportunity for CIC/SCI Canada to connect with CIC members from across the country, and to build on the traditional awards program run by CIC/SCI Canada.
March 30, 2017 | Toronto, ON
CIC/SCI Canada Seminar and Awards Dinner
- Rewards excellence in the field of chemistry and the chemical industry by presenting the CIC/SCI Canada Awards to industry and academic leaders for the outstanding achievements they have made in business development
- Recognizes the highest performing graduating undergraduate students each year in biochemistry, chemical engineering and chemistry from universities across Canada
- Organizes and promotes industrial symposia at the conferences of the CIC’s Constituent Societies, workshops, and seminars
- Works with and develops strategic relationships with similar types of global organizations
- Provides networking opportunities between research and industry