Requirements to become a Certified Chemical Technologist (cCT)
- A valid CSCT membership.
- Graduation from a program recognized by the CSCT or equivalent qualifications.
- For chemical technologists: A minimum of two years of relevant and progressive experience in the chemical technology profession.
- For chemical technicians: A minimum of four years of relevant and progressive experience in the chemical technology profession.
- For BSc chemistry or chemical engineering: A minimum of three years of relevant and progressive experience in the chemical technology profession.
The certified Chemical Technologist (cCT) designation is for chemical technologists, chemical engineering technologists and other chemical related technologists.
To apply for certification:
- Print and complete the Chemical Technologist Certification Application Form .
- Provide a copy of your educational transcript.
- Include your résumé listing both educational and work experience in chemical technology.
- Attach a letter of reference from your immediate or most recent supervisor. This letter should: confirm your employment, the duration of employment, your title and responsibilities and your supervisor’s evaluation of your performance in the position.
- Send all of the above documents either electronically to email@example.com or in hard copy to the Chemical Institute of Canada, ATTN : cCT Certification, 220 Queen St., Suite 400, Ottawa, ON, K1P 5V9.
- Submit payment of CAN$25.00 (plus GST/HST) administration fee. You can pay by sending us cash, cheque or money order or by credit card. This fee is non-refundable.
Successful applicants will receive a Certified Chemical Technologist certificate.
Annual renewal of cCT is not required as long as the individual retains their CSCT membership. A member receiving a cCT has the privilege of using “cCT” following their name.
For applicants with foreign degrees with no reciprocity agreement with Canada, a course by course evaluation of the credentials is required. Evaluation forms and further information on assessments can be obtained through services such as the International Credential Assessment Services or World Education Services.